I actually bought a dozen 48V 30-40A power supplies (from file servers)
to make 1 or 2 12kW supplies (maxing out a NEMA 14-50) and looked into
the work
that was done on reverse engineering the Leaf's Chademo communication.
It was at the same time that EMW (Electric Motor Werks) also started to
look
into modifying their 15kW charger for the same Chademo communication and
so
I did not follow through, since EMW is usually better equipped and
faster in
doing this kind of stuff than a lone hacker like me.
I did buy the CAN-bus equipped micro that was used in the experiements
that
allowed the Leaf to be charged, but did not put too much effort in
decoding
the communication (which would help to allow a more robust
implementation)
that was logged from actual Leaf-Chademo charging sesssions.
At one point I was promised a Chademo charge plug, but that never panned
out
either, I recently saw one for sale on Ebay for an exorbitant amount,
the same company also has an inlet for sale:
http://www.ebay.com/itm/CHAdeMO/121522493244
Personally I am not sure that I would pay $3200 for a charge plug...

Cor van de Water
Chief Scientist
Skype: cor_van_de_water Tel: +1 408 383 7626