http://blogs.wsj.com/corporate-intelligence/2015/01/12/nissan-ceo-says-leaf-electric-car-is-due-for-upgrade/
Nissan CEO Says Leaf Electric Car Is Due for Upgrade
Jan 12, 2015  By John D. Stoll

The self-proclaimed king of electric vehicles is welcoming [GM to the EV]
party, saying the more the merrier.

Nissan Renault Chief Executive Carlos Ghosn, speaking to media at the
Detroit Auto Show Monday, said the auto maker’s Leaf electric car is in line
for an upgrade. Currently capable of traveling less than 100 miles on a
charge, the Leaf is far behind what’s coming — GM’s Chevy Bolt, for
instance, is slated to launch in 2017 with a 200-mile range.

Mr. Ghosn said there are big things in store for the little Leaf, but didn’t
elaborate on details. “You can expect us to come along with a lot of
enhancements.”

The Leaf has been on the market for several years, selling over 75,000 units
in the U.S. since 2011. Mr. Ghosn expects sales to grow in 2015 by
double-digit margins.

In the meantime, as BMW, Audi, GM and others make plans to bring more
offerings to a pure electric-vehicle market largely controlled by Nissan and
Tesla Inc., Mr. Ghosn said he expects the increased competition to lead to
better awareness and support of electric vehicles.

“It’s good for the market” to have more entrants, he said, noting more
players likely increases government commitment to infrastructure and
financial incentives. Buyers, meanwhile, will become more convinced that
electric vehicles aren’t just a science project.

As for Nissan, Mr. Ghosn is convinced the Leaf has “significant
advancements” due to its long head start in the global electric vehicle
market. Noting GM’s Bolt is still as much as three years away, he says there
is plenty of time to match the company’s efforts.

As for Tesla, “it is not a competitor.” Instead, “they are helping us.”

Tesla, however, isn’t sitting still. The company also aims to have a
smaller, cheaper electric car by 2017.
[© wsj.com]

http://www.freep.com/story/money/cars/detroit-auto-show/2015/01/12/nissan-detroit-auto-show-electric-vehicles-gm-tesla-motors-carlos-ghosn/21643991/
Nissan developing 200-mile electric vehicle
By Nathan Bomey, Detroit Free Press 12:13 a.m. EST January 13, 2015
Company plans to compete with GM and Tesla Motors for high-range electric
vehicles

Japanese automaker Nissan plans to introduce an electric vehicle with
similar range to General Motors' Chevrolet Bolt and Tesla Motors' Model 3.

Renault-Nissan CEO Carlos Ghosn told reporters today at the Detroit auto
show that Nissan is also planning an electric car with similar range as the
Bolt concept's 200 miles.

He said the introduction of the Bolt "was not a surprise."

"Obviously we will be competing" with electric cars that get 200 miles on a
battery charge, he said.

Sales of the Nissan Leaf rose 34% in 2014 to 30,200 units. Meanwhile, GM's
semi-electric Volt fell 19% to 18,805, but the automaker today revealed a
redesigned version of the Volt that will hit dealerships later this year.

"We are the leaders and we frankly intend to continue to be the leaders,"
Ghosn said.

He added: "Generations of EVs coming are going to get better, less costly,
lighter, more autonomous."

GM said the Bolt, which is expected to become a production vehicle around
2017, would be priced at about $30,000 after a federal tax credit. Tesla has
promised to deliver the Model 3 with similar range and cost around the same
time frame.
[© freep.com]

http://www.kbb.com/car-news/all-the-latest/chevrolet-bolt-ev-concept-takes-on-tesla-and-nissan-leaf/2000011585/
Chevrolet Bolt EV Concept Takes on Tesla and Nissan Leaf
By Allyson Harwood  January 12, 2015

For EVLN posts use:
http://evdl.org/evln/
http://www.evdl.org/archive/index.html#nabble+template%2FNamlServlet.jtp%3Fmacro%3Dsearch_page%26node%3D413529%26query%3DEVLN%2Bbrucedp2%26days%3D0%26sort%3Ddate

http://www.dentonrc.com/local-news/local-news-headlines/20150110-people-pumped-about-prices.ece
Passing a station, we just stick out our tongue and say, ‘nananananah'

http://www.greentechmedia.com/industry/read/ca-electric-vehicle-owners-shocked-by-electric-rate-changes-355039
CA ProtectOurRates.com plugin owners shocked by electric rate changes
+
EVLN: €23k Smart Fortwo Flashlight EV available in Europe 4/2015

{brucedp.150m.com}