http://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/manitoba/ticketed-winnipeg-family-confused-over-car-cord-controversy-1.2912160

Ticketed Winnipeg family confused over car-cord controversy
Jan 15, 2015

[image] Charlene Mash-Hadlow says one of her family's cars was ticketed
because the cord running from their house to the car was deemed an
obstruction and safety concern by the city.

A family living in Winnipeg’s St. Vital area is confused and angry with the
city after their car was ticketed earlier this week.

Charlene Mash-Hadlow said one of the family’s cars was ticketed for having
it plugged into their home. The cord was strung from the front of their home
across the lawn and to their car, which was parked on the road nearby.

The cord was deemed an obstruction and safety concern by the city employee –
something Mash-Hadlow disputed.

“There is no obstruction at all,” she said. “It's the cord just running from
our electrical outlet right to our vehicle, so no safety concern, I don't
think."

The city bylaw states that no one can run an electric cable across a street
because of safety reasons.

What angers and confuses the Mash-Hadlows is the fact that there is no
sidewalk in front of their property.

Councillor Brian Mayes said he remains unsure as to why the ticket was
issued.

“As you can see, there is no sidewalk here, so I'm not really sure what the
issue is, so we'll follow up and check back at city hall,” said Mayes. “I'm
not sure what the motivation was but (we) haven't had any other complaints
about this property at all.”

In Saskatchewan, some municipalities have softened their legislation around
electric cords near city property. They have asked ticketing staff to
consider car cord issues on a case-by-case basis and to be considerate of
instances like the Mash-Hadlows that are at least within a grey area of the
bylaws.

The family has lived in its St. Vital home for 18 years and said they've
never even been warned about breaking a city bylaw for plugging in their
car.
[© cbc.ca]

For EVLN posts use:
http://evdl.org/evln/
http://www.evdl.org/archive/index.html#nabble+template%2FNamlServlet.jtp%3Fmacro%3Dsearch_page%26node%3D413529%26query%3DEVLN%2Bbrucedp2%26days%3D0%26sort%3Ddate

http://www.utilityproducts.com/articles/2015/01/utility-safety-disconnect-fuse-kit-safeguards-electrical-vehicle-charging-stations.html
Utility safety: Disconnect Fuse Kit safeguards EVSE

http://www.nextgreencar.com/news/6920/Bristol-Airport-plugs-in-with-electric-van
Bristol.uk Airport IT using e-NV200 electric van
http://www.nextgreencar.com/i/news_xlarge/bristol-airport-ev.jpg

http://www.newswire.ca/en/story/1473171/nissan-and-hydro-quebec-partner-to-expand-the-electric-circuit-public-charging-network-in-quebec
Nissan&Hydro-Québec Expand the Public EVSE Network in Quebec.ca
http://montrealgazette.com/business/local-business/quebecs-ev-charging-network-gets-a-major-boost
+
EVLN: polaris.com Acquires Brammo Electric Motorcycles

{brucedp.150m.com}