Joe,

Everything you said is exactly mirrored by my own experience with my i-MiEV
here in the UK.  It is a very versatile, comfortable, nippy and wonderfully
smooth to drive car whose external appearance very much belies its interior
roominess - in the front and rear seats.

It is a complete mystery to me why Mitsu is not capitalising on its
capabilities and market niche.  If its price reflected that of the Outlander
PHEV - proportionately speaking - they would cost $15k *before* subsidies and,
therefore, would sell like proverbial hot cakes.  If they can put the entire
i-MiEV drive train in the Outlander *and* add a complete hybrid drive train to
boot, let alone a body etc fully twice the size and sell it for $40k...?!

I can only assume Mitsu is not interested for some utterly baffling reason.

MW