First of all, "stupid" is not fitting word for this list
Second; if an idea doesn't "die" there must be a reason ie Electric cars...
Perhaps battery swapping doesn't work for public use, but all electric
swappable-battery trucks ran until the 1960's just fine. In a fleet or
industrial application swapping makes sense. I always like Clare Bell ev light
rail concept, swapping the packs at each end in the days of lead -acid..with
lithium the swappling could be at one end or the route 3x as long.there are
many "apps" out there that can use different EV solutions.Please stay
open-minded
also.. the most important thing for a bicyclist is to stay upright - sometimes
that means pushing your presence in to auto drivers conscience
I don't shop where I can't charge.
I also think that there are a number of different possible business models for
how a swap might work, including some that we haven't thought of yet.