Thanks, you had mentioned that they were sealed well before, and you are right!

I didn't have an Air Chisel, and it was a REAL CHORE removing it with a hammer and 1&1/2" putty knife! I probably spent 2 hours breaking the seal....

But I eventually got it open:

http://www.summet.com/blog/2015/04/05/the-2013-nissan-leaf-lizard-battery-and-module-differences/

Are the 2013 batteries the "lizard battery"? Or is that only the 2014 or 2015? My understanding was that the 2013 was the "lizard battery", but others have told me the chemistry wasn't changed until 2014/2015...

The cells certainly look different (air vents, split sides, etc...) see the photos above for closeups...

Jay