They should lighten up the vehicle first.  2015 = 3,859 lbs
They should add V2H/V2G first. So I can run my house off the car when the grid goes down. Vehicles moving by themselves in an open space is not a good idea. Injuries will occur; or a more extensive locked-out 'carport' is required. The 'carport' however could incorporate the movement in the upper section with much less risk. The carport will need a cover to inactivate while the car is gone, unless the lenses are actively defocused (I believe they said fixed). How many folks of approximately C-Max height might otherwise walk underneath that carport at the wrong time. When the Ford ages and the springs sag, the top will no longer be in the same focus plane, unless they're going to active suspension too. Might as well tilt the whole car then ;-) Ford's history of poor paint lifetime especially on horizontal surfaces. Place your bets on the surrounding roof area. I'd like to see Ford first lick the SSN (Stop Safely Now) problems on their EV and Hybrids. Even recent FFE's are still getting it. http://www.myfocuselectric.com/forum/viewtopic.php?p=19054

I think there is still a place for some solar on the car. Especially since Ford (and others) can't seem to figure out how to otherwise maintain the 12V house battery. But I would lose the carport concept and go with the house integrated solar, and add local storage/dump charge capability.