 Subject: [EVDL] EVLN: ElectraGirl: Electric e-NV200 Van Fun
 To: ev@lists.evdl.org
 Date: Friday, 24 April, 2015, 10:25

 https://transportevolved.com/2015/04/18/electragirl-electric-nissan-van-fun/
 ElectraGirl: Electric Nissan Van Fun
 April 18, 2015 By ElectraGirl

 [images

https://d290b3p3ki7y5s.cloudfront.net/wp-content/uploads/2015/04/2014-Nissan-e-NV200.jpg
 Delivered clean and White

https://d290b3p3ki7y5s.cloudfront.net/wp-content/uploads/2015/04/2014-Nissan-e-NV200-dash-instruments.jpg
 Instruments and centre stack showing Carwings navigation
 unit

https://d290b3p3ki7y5s.cloudfront.net/wp-content/uploads/2015/04/2014-Nissan-e-NV200-loaded-with-matress-below-and-belongings.jpg
 Lots of boot space with easy access through the side doors

https://d290b3p3ki7y5s.cloudfront.net/wp-content/uploads/2015/04/Waiting-at-the-charging-point.jpg
 Charging station EV'd

https://d290b3p3ki7y5s.cloudfront.net/wp-content/uploads/2015/04/2014-Nissan-e-NV200-charging-at-an-ecotricity-station-e1429356470215.jpg
 Charging at an EcoTricity station
 ]

 A van I hear you say? Yes, a van! I know it’s all a bit
 weird and I haven’t
 been in a van for years let alone driven one, so it’s
 going to be a little
 different. I should just point out here what might be
 obvious, but just in
 case it isn’t – it is an Electric Van, which thinking
 about it is probably
 obvious, otherwise I wouldn’t be writing about it!!

 My sidekick is going to do that whole technical thingy and
 write up of the
 Nissan e-NV200 Electric Van while I do the rest.

 So why and how did we end up testing out the Nissan e-NV200
 Electric Van?

 Well, it all started because we were going to be in the UK
 and spending
 three weeks there visiting family and helping my mum with
 her house move. We
 had been looking at the possibility of borrowing a camper
 van conversion but
 unfortunately that didn’t work out. Although, that would
 have been useful to
 stay in while the house move was going on. However, Nissan
 offered to lend
 us their e-NV200 Electric Van for a week and let us use it
 to help with the
 house move.

 Now, bear in mind that for two weeks of being in the UK we
 had, as always,
 been driving my mum’s Fiat Panda. And as always, thank you
 mum for letting
 us borrow your car. But when you are used to driving pure
 electric with all
 its quiet smoothness, getting into a Fiat Panda that’s
 rather herky, jerky
 is not much fun. You get to the point where you would
 happily accept the
 wub, wub noise of the tyres on the BMW i3 and consider that
 to be quiet! Oh
 dear! So, even the idea of an Electric Van was rather
 appealing, even though
 it was a van. What would it be like I wondered.

 When I first saw the van my first words were ‘It’s
 white!!!’ I mean,
 seriously a white van – how stereotypical (all vans seem
 to be white in the
 UK) and seriously, it’s white, of all the colours in all
 the world – it had
 to be white! Anyway after the initial shock of the colour it
 was off out to
 see what it was like.

 The van is just a basic van, two seats in the front and
 that’s it with
 plenty of boot space behind. I must say though it had two
 nice seats in the
 front, very comfy and nicely finished off. There was climate
 control and
 heated seats – two of! Cup holders and little spaces for
 this and that,
 rather nice for a van really. Oh, and Satellite Navigation.

 [image] Sheep and Lambs unfazed my the sight of a silent
 van

 Well, there is no getting around the fact that it is a van,
 but after the
 noisy Panda it was so quiet and smooth, no jerky gear
 changes. You are quite
 high up, which can have its advantages on those narrow back
 roads, as you
 can see above the hedges to see if any other vehicles are
 coming towards
 you. It is bouncy but again it is a van and I am also not
 sure how bouncy it
 actually was as the country roads around us are a bit bouncy
 anyway in any
 car. The roads are rather narrow too (one car width) at
 times, which we got
 to experience when we stopped for me to take a picture of
 the very cute
 lambs and a minute later there was another vehicle trying to
 drive along the
 road too! Hmm, how deep is that ditch there?

 It does have a fair amount of regen but not what we are used
 to in the BMW
 i3, it seems to give you more regen as the batteries warm
 up, which makes
 sense. It can climb the hills that the poor petrol car
 struggles
 significantly with, it’s just unfortunate if you get stuck
 behind a petrol
 car that is struggling!

 It appears to have a decent amount of boot space as you can
 fit the base of
 a double bed in the back which I guess means I would easily
 get a weekly
 supermarket shop in the back too.

 And, it would seem that you can also fit a double mattress
 in the back, just
 comfortably enough that you could sleep in the back of the
 van – you know if
 you had to because, say your mum had just moved house and
 downsized so that
 with all her boxes in the spare room there wasn’t quite
 enough space for you
 to put your double mattress on the floor. Just saying that
 you could do that
 if you needed to. Especially if they were stinking the place
 out while they
 painted the new abode… I’m just saying that’s all!!!

 What to do on a wet and windy Sunday afternoon – I know
 lets go and find the
 nearest CHAdeMO charger to us! Well why not? There isn’t
 much else going on
 and the weather is pretty lousy. It turned out that the
 nearest one to us
 was about a 30 minute drive away. So off we went. The van
 was actually quite
 cosy despite the awful weather outside. The front and rear
 of the van is
 divided by a metal panel making it feel smaller than it
 actually is. When we
 got to the charging station we found that both spaces were
 in use, one was a
 Nissan LEAF and the other a Mitsubishi plug in something
 that has CHAdeMO
 charging capabilities. We sat and waited for one to be
 finished which was
 only about 10 minutes, and then pulled into the space and
 plugged in for
 about 20 minutes. We were not that low on charge so didn’t
 need to stay for
 that long to bring us up to a nice level. Once finished and
 unplugged it was
 back out into the dreary weather.

 My niece’s five year old son was very intrigued with the
 van and that it was
 electric. He wanted to know why we were plugging it in to
 charge it up and
 why did it have batteries? When I took him to school in it
 the other day he
 asked about the noise he could hear, so I explained that it
 was the motor
 and that led into a discussion on batteries and motors.
 Quite an interesting
 conversation with a five year old, he seemed to grasp the
 concept better
 than some adults we have tried to explain this to! He told
 me that one day
 everyone would make electric vans and that there would only
 be electric vans
 – he’s a smart child.

 As far as vans go I would have to say that it was okay, but
 I wouldn’t want
 to drive around in one all the time though, no need for all
 that space on a
 day to day basis. But the fact that it was electric made a
 huge amount of
 difference. This model also has a version that comes with
 two rows of seats
 in the back and windows too so you can ferry people about
 instead of
 furniture.
 [© transportevolved.com]
 https://transportevolved.com/2015/04/18/2014-nissan-e-nv200-review/
 2014 Nissan e-NV200 review

http://electric-vehicle-discussion-list.413529.n4.nabble.com/template/NamlServlet.jtp?macro=search_page&node=413529&query=subject%3Aevln+subject%3A%28e-NV200+OR+eNV200%29+NOT+subject%3Are&days=0&sort=date
 Read more e-NV200 EVLN items on evdl

 For EVLN posts use:
 http://evdl.org/evln/

http://www.contracthireandleasing.com/car-leasing-news/fleets-could-save-2-6bn-by-switching-from-diesel-to-electricity-says-go-ultra-low/
 Fleets save £2.6B> switching to electricity, says Go
 Ultra Low

http://www.fleetpoint.org/environment-news/cv-fleet-operators-missing-out-on-2-6bn-fuel-savings/29629/

http://www.autoblog.com/2015/04/17/michelin-experts-talk-electric-racing-pilot-sport-ev/
 Michelin Pilot Sport EV tire for electric racing (v)
 The manufacturer has very specific rubber for the electric
 series ...

https://www.pressandjournal.co.uk/fp/news/north-east/548477/banff-to-go-green-with-new-electric-car-points/
 Banff.uk to go green with new L3/2 electric car points

http://www.bizjournals.com/albuquerque/blog/morning-edition/2015/04/auto-evolution-five-new-electrical-vehicle.html
 5 new L3 PNM/Nissan EVSE @Albuquerque, Corrales and Santa Fe
 NM
 http://krqe.com/2015/04/15/free-electric-car-charging-stations-unveiled/
 +
 EVLN: 2014 Nissan e-NV200 (Cargo Version) Review

 {brucedp.150m.com}