http://vtb.engr.sc.edu/vtbwebsite/downloads/publications/capacityfade_JPSPaper2.pdf
Here is one study on the effects of different voltage cutoff points using CC-CV
charging.
I believe this was well before DIYers were using them.
      From: David Nelson <gizm...@gmail.com>
 To: Paul Dove <dov...@bellsouth.net>
 Sent: Thursday, June 4, 2015 9:37 PM
 Subject: Re: [EVDL] Success!

Actually, those procedures were developed by customer feedback mostly!
As some of us started reducing the ending voltage so did the spec
sheets of TS, CALB, et al. Do you have references for those procedures
being developed prior to 5 years ago? I haven't been able to find
them. Maybe it was just the Chinese manufacturers who did that but
then they were some of the only ones who would sell us DIY people
batteries.

On Thu, Jun 4, 2015 at 5:19 AM, Paul Dove <dov...@bellsouth.net> wrote:
> Sorry about that my dog hit my arm and hit send by accident. Sure one can
> develop their own procedure however, these procedures were developed in a
> laboratory and the batteries dissected afterwards to see the effect. My point
> was anything over 3.38 V is charging the cell
>
> Sent from my iPhone
>
>> On Jun 4, 2015, at 7:16 AM, Paul Dove via EV <ev@lists.evdl.org> wrote:
>>

>> Sent from my iPhone

>>> Remember that that procedure was developed to reduce time to charge and the
>>> chance that the batteries get overcharged while still reaching 100%SOC or
>>> nearly so.

David D. Nelson
http://evalbum.com/1328
http://www.levforum.com