A question for Paul DOve,

Whence came your evidence of self discharging in Li ion cells?

I have the other impression entirely - that there is no mechanism by which
self discharge is even possible.

If cells are mismatched in a pack there can be an accumulation of drift
relative to other cells in a pack (which can cause problems), parallele
cells will equilibrate among themselves (why you want them to be closely
matched) BMS and other electrical/electronic equipment can produce a
parasitic load across a pack, but a charged cell sitting alone on a shelf
does not lose charge. It's capacity can decrease so that subsequent
performance is less good, but there is no self discharge.

Mike

On Thu, Jun 18, 2015 at 10:59 PM, Cor van de Water via EV <ev@lists.evdl.org

Thomas A. Edison
<http://www.brainyquote.com/quotes/quotes/t/thomasaed125362.html>