http://www.thisislocallondon.co.uk/news/londonnews/13344513.Electric_go_karts_offer_new_thrill_for_youngsters_at_Acton_track/
Electric go-karts offer new thrill for youngsters at Acton track

[image
http://www.thisislocallondon.co.uk/resources/images/3921392.jpg
Electric karts: 'safer but with more acceleration'
]

YOUNG thrill-seekers can have a go on England’s first electric go karts for
children – at Acton.

Eight of the karts can be used on TeamSport’s futuristic track in Allied
Way, off Warple Way, for those aged 8-12 to enjoy.

The eco-friendly karts are intended to get more children involved with motor
sport and promise a ‘fast, thrilling, yet safe’ experience for Formula One
fanatics.

Dom Gaynor, managing director of Team Sport said: “The new karts are far
cleaner and quieter than your average petrol version, yet offer superior
acceleration, which is something our customers really look for in their
karting experience.

“We are extremely passionate about getting more children involved in motor
sport and hope to raise awareness that many high-profile racers start their
careers in go-karting.

“With Formula E recently introducing the world’s first fully-electric racing
series, it means we will start to see battery-operated vehicles play a much
bigger role in motor sport.”

The track, which opened in August, is a short drive from Westfield shopping
centre. Book online at www.team-sport.co.uk/west-london
[© thisislocallondon.co.uk]

For EVLN posts use:
http://evdl.org/evln/