From: Willie2 via EV <ev@lists.evdl.org>
>Continuing to cogitate on ebike batteries:  can anyone give me a good
>estimate of the number of ah one can pull from a lead golf cart
>battery?  I'm thinking my 2 20ah ebike batteries are a pretty good
>fraction of a lead pack.  Can you keep a lead GC battery alive if you
>pull 100ah from it?

6v golf cart batteries are generally 220-240 amphours at the 20-hour rate
(about 5 amps), and 100-180 amphours at the 100-amp rate. (The change in
amphour capacity depending on current is the Peukert effect that people talk
about.)

Golf cart batteries are designed for continuous loads of 75 amps, and will
happily supply 200-500 amps peak for up to a minute. But life will suffer if
you draw high currents for more than a minute or so.

For best life, you also want to limit depth of discharge to about 50% or so.
This is true for most types of batteries; not just lead-acids. The deeper the
discharge, the worse the life.

--
Excellence does not require perfection. -- Henry James