I live in a small city, so most "city" driving here would more likely be what
you call suburban driving, with maybe 3 to 8 stops per mile.

Another comparison: I noticed that on a 32 mile one way trip on an
interstate I used much lower energy per mile compared to normal when there
was construction and traffic was ~10 mph repeated stop and go for about 15
miles of the trip.  I used only regen for stopping, which helps a little,
and acceleration rates were very low which also helps.

I also have found that as long as I drive a closed loop there isn't much
difference in energy used per mile whether the route has large hills or is
relatively flat.  The combined coasting and regen braking down hill
evidently compensate for the large energy per mile going uphill to give an
average similar to driving on flatter terrain.  This was very surprising to
me at first, but I've recorded it many times over the years.

I was also surprised to find that my car has significantly greater range
compared to some friends Leafs for trips with large uphill elevation changes
(1000's of ft).  I guess because it is about 2/3 the mass of a Leaf and has
smaller CdA.  I almost got some friends with a Leaf in trouble because I
told them they could make a certain trip easily based on my experience going
there, but they used much more energy per mile going up hill so were low on
charge when they reached the destination. On the other hand, their heater
(2013 model) uses less power than mine, so their range is considerably less
affected by heating.  Lots of things to consider when advising someone with
an ev whether they can drive a certain distance.