Joe, thank you for taking the time to make this post.  I've not driven the
i-MiEV, but like its looks and prefer small cars due to their greater energy
efficiency and great maneuverability.  As far as plastic, almost all cars
have had mainly plastic interiors for years.  I do wish they had given it a
bit more range, but it works well for the market they targeted- city
driving.  I frequently drive to a town about 30 miles distant, mostly 60-65
mph driving, and would be concerned with making the round trip in winter
with heat on in the i-Miev.  I make it with about 35% SoC remaining in my
conversion in those conditions which is similar in size to the i-Miev but
with a 20.7kWh pack.