On Oct 27, 2015, at 1:57 AM, brucedp5 via EV <ev@lists.evdl.org> wrote:

> “We really need to have a big push for charging,” Tony
> Earley, chief executive officer of PG&E, said in an Oct. 15 appearance at
> San Francisco’s Commonwealth Club. “The charging station ought to be part of
> our grid infrastructure.”

Suckers! The "charging station" is overwhelmingly going to be the regular plug
in the garage that's already right there.

> PG&E, SCE, and San Diego Gas & Electric have all petitioned the
> utilities commission for rules changes that would make solar installation
> less attractive. Homes and businesses with rooftop solar panels would pay an
> extra fee to connect to the grid. They’d also pay more to buy power and earn
> less for selling their excess electricity back to the utilities. That would
> make converting to solar power two to three times more expensive for the
> consumer, according to Bernadette Del Chiaro, executive director of the
> California Solar Energy Industries Association.

Idiots, too. They're now pushing for electric vehicles, which is good. But the
same battery technology that's making electric vehicles practical is also going
to make the grid obsolete _unless_ the electric utilities can make an
attractive case for rooftop solar producers to remain on the grid. And, yet,
they're doing everything in their power to encourage grid defection.

Well, they're useful idiots for the time being. I just hope they remain dumb
until it's too late for them to do significantly more harm....

b&