It is technically incorrect to say that a pack with the same 22 kWh capacity
can suddenly bring you about 50% further, because range of a specific car is
only dependent on usable pack capacity, but I can easily see the reporter being
confused and forgetting to note down one word, such as the new battery being
the same *size* as the current 22 kWh pack but higher density (and therefore
higher capacity, which leads to longer range). Apparently the usable capacity
becomes about 28 kWh.
The increase in power density that *was* mentioned only means that the
available capacity can be withdrawn in a shorter period, meaning that you can
go faster, not necessarily further. For that only capacity increase counts.
Cor.