I think you might have two problems running at lower voltage.

First, I am not completely familiar with the Curtis controllers, but I think I
have heard they are fussy on the low side of their voltage range.

Second, you would need more current out of the cells and controller to get the
same performance with the lower voltage.  Depending on the lithium cell size
and composition, you might have trouble with that.  My 100 Ah ThunderSky cells
really don't put out more than 200A.  Happier with 100A.

Mike