On 01/07/2016 01:51 AM, Seth Rothenberg via EV wrote:

I would like to hear what people are doing for L2 charging at home?
I see that evseupgrade offers an upgrade of the L1 charger...
about $300

They also offer pre-upgraded chargers for about $675
which would give me the option of leaving one home
and keeping one in the car, which seems important
at this time.

Meanwhile, Clipper Creek offers some chargers,
no "Core return" required.
I have not seen reviews of either one yet

I have two OpenEVSEs that I built from kits (http://store.openevse.com/). Over the years Chris has really improved the level of integration in the kits. When I built my first one I had to source most of the parts myself--he was basically just providing the control board. Now you can get the entire thing from him. About $450 for the 30 amp version with a 25 foot cable.

I also have a ClipperCreek HCS-40P which is $589. Yes, I charge 3 electric vehicles.

All three work great. I prefer the OpenEVSE because it has a text display that tells me what's going on. The ClipperCreek is outside and used for my Ford Ranger conversion. I recently had a battery heating pad break and short to ground. They are powered by the incoming AC and so that generated a charge fault. The ClipperCreek's simple red light wasn't a lot of help in debugging.

I have a GE WattStation for sale if anyone wants one. It's the plug-in model sold by Lowes. I got a deal when our Lowes decided to stop carrying them but I've decided I'm not going to use it and it's taking up space in the garage. It's still in the (somewhat beat up) box. $425 plus shipping. It was $799 at Lowes and now sells for $545 new.

--Rick