Better check the wire and breaker before changing outlets.

Sent from my Verizon Wireless 4G LTE smartphone-------- Original message
--------From: Mike Nickerson via EV <ev@lists.evdl.org> Date: 1/20/2016  8:20
AM  (GMT-06:00) To: Bill Dube <billd...@killacycle.com>, Electric Vehicle
Discussion List <ev@lists.evdl.org> Subject: Re: [EVDL] Where 20 amp
receptacles are required (was: Leaf
        Chargers)
While the circuit in the garage is probably 20A, it may be wired with 15A
outlets.  They are pretty easy to change, though.

If I were going to charge an EV on a 120V outlet regularly, I would probably
change it anyway.  Most home construction uses light duty outlets that aren't
built to take the load for hours per day.  Change it to a good heavy duty
outlet and it will work much better.

Mike