EVDL Administrator via EV wrote:
I'm probably swimming against the current here, but I don't think this
reflects well on Tesla.

The blogger wasn't very polite, but these days everybody's a critic.  You
expect that in business.  IMO, the best response to a post like that is to
say "Thanks for your comments; guess we can't please everybody," and move
on.

To me, what Musk did suggests poor impulse control.

I'm with EVDL Admin David on this. You have to expect rude obnoxious customers on occasion. There are always a few spoiled rich kids, out of control celebrities, and just plain jerks out there.

But I expect professional behavior from companies, and good manners from its individuals. As CEO, Musk sets the tone. His employees are likely to follow his lead, so he should set a good example.

No matter what you may think of a customer personally, he should be treated equally, fairly, and with respect; just like everyone else. Otherwise, you are only stooping to his level. It reflects badly on *you*.

--
Society is a machine full of people with hard edges and sharp corners that work together poorly at best. Manners are the oil that keep them apart, to reduce friction so the machine works more smoothly.