http://nissaninsider.co.uk/electric-nissan-takes-off-as-shuttle-bus-to-airport/
Electric Nissan takes off as shuttle bus to airport
[20160202]

[images
http://nissaninsider.co.uk/wp-content/uploads/2016/02/GATWICK-1024x683.jpg
(e-NV200 EV)

http://nissaninsider.co.uk/wp-content/uploads/2016/02/GATWICK2-1024x683.jpg

http://nissaninsider.co.uk/wp-content/uploads/2016/02/GATWICK7-1024x683.jpg
]

NISSAN’S all-electric combi, the e-NV200, has taken off as a pioneering new
way of transporting holidaymakers to Gatwick Airport.

Sue Denman, owner of Springwood Guest House, in Horley, near Gatwick,
decided to turn to electric motoring as her old diesel was costing her too
much in maintenance.

She bought the award-winning Nissan e-NV200 – which costs an average of just
2p a mile to run – and now makes up to six trips a day to and from the busy
airport.

Sue said: “I’ve always thought an electric vehicle would be ideal as a
shuttle bus to the airport. We had a very old diesel van and I was throwing
good money after bad.

“I then looked into what electric vehicles there were on the market and
after seeing the e-NV200 it was a no-brainer.

“Quite often we have two couples travelling together so the e-NV200 is ideal
as there’s plenty of room for them as well as their luggage.”

Sue, who caters for up to 6,000 guests every year at her art deco-themed
guest house in Massetts Road, said the electric combi had attracted a great
deal of interest amongst holidaymakers.

“It’s absolutely brilliant. I really love it and have had some fantastic
feedback from guests,” she said. “There’s definitely a lot of interest in
it.”

Sue said the e-NV200’s silent drive also means it’s ideal for early morning
transfers – as it doesn’t wake up sleeping guests compared to when she fired
up her noisy diesel.

Sue is also planning on having an electric charger fitted, which she says
can be used by her guests who travel down in an electric vehicle.

As well as the cheaper running costs, the e-NV200 has low maintenance costs
– £1,200 lower than a conventional diesel van over four years.
[© 2016 Nissan Insider]
http://springwoodgatwick.co.uk
Springwood Guest House  Horley.uk

For EVLN EV-newswire posts use: