> I though I heard of sub 3 second time reported, not theorized.

I recently read of a car that does 0 - 60 in 2.2 seconds. Tesla is FAR from
optimum.

> I have never gotten an explanation I could understand of how C_friction can
> exceed 1 as I have heard regarding dragsters.

I'm not sure why you would assume 1.0 is the mas coefficient of friction
possible.  Just aluminum to aluminum can be as high as 1.35.

Friction Coefficients for some Common Materials and Materials Combinations
Materials and Material CombinationsStatic Frictional Coefficient
-
*μs -*
Clean and Dry SurfacesLubricated and Greasy Surfaces
Aluminum Aluminum 1.05 - 1.35 0.3
 http://www.engineeringtoolbox.com/friction-coefficients-d_778.html
<http://www.engineeringtoolbox.com/friction-coefficients-d_778.html>

The reason high horsepower drag cars can get a high coefficient of friction
is because they put down fresh hot rubber on the track during their burnout
(it's not just for show, it is required). They then back up and line the
car up with those fresh rubber tracks. This results in hot sticky rubber to
hot sticky rubber contact which results in a very coefficient of friction.
That additional traction advantage continues down the entire pass, not just
at the starting line.