On 03/27/2016 02:21 PM, brucedp5 via EV wrote:

[ref
http://electric-vehicle-discussion-list.413529.n4.nabble.com/Re-EVLN-When-will-Tesla-s-electricity-come-to-the-Ag-farm-tp4681160p4681170.html
  ... The imiev makes a great "around the farm" vehicle, ...  It also hauls
supplies well ... for deliveries where the range will allow; at times, I
make two imiev trips rather than one Tesla trip ... I am forced to buy
imievs from distances of 150-200 miles. The tales of getting them home
belongs elsewhere ...
]
I bought my first one December 2014 in Plano (Dallas) for essentially full price, about $26k including TTL. At that time, Texas had a $2.5k incentive for only EVs bought from dealers. Screw you, Teslaites. So, total incentives were $10k making the car $16k. Which, at the time, I thought was a great deal. I believe I reported here how I got it home: towed it with a rope about 30 out of every 80 miles. Pulling with a rope was a bit tedious/stressful because of the need to anticipate tow car slowing. In about 30 miles of towing, I could put about 50 miles worth of energy in the battery. The imiev manual says, in no uncertain terms, not to tow with the rear wheels on the ground. I figured, apparently correctly, that the car could not tell if it were going down a long hill or being towed. We towed at about 50 mph and I adjusted the regen level to keep the regen power in the mid range. It was a cold night when we did that and a great side benefit was being able to use the imiev heater while it was being towed. I did not use the heater on battery power. An amusing side story: I used SuperChargers in both Corsicana and Waco so Tesla paid the fuel for the tow. I chose low traffic parts of the route to do the towing.

After a flat recently put my imiev out of commission for a day, I started thinking about getting a second one. They are pretty rare in Texas; amusingly, spare wheels are even more rare than the cars. Cars.com had a $8k, 12k miles used one 30-80 miles away but it was gone by the time I got serious. An Austin dealer now has several 2016s at essentially full price but a Houston dealer was advertising a new 2014 for around $14k. So, I'm buying that one. Just under $16k including TTL making the net cost just over $8k. Funding for the Texas incentive has been exhausted. I've configured a tow bar so I expect the tow to be less stressful. With the SuperCharger at Columbus, Tesla will again pay for the fuel. I'll be doing the tow in the next couple of weeks and will try to post photos. The first tow was after dark and I got no photos.

The following sites are likely already known to Willie. And he is welcome to
add or make corrections if he has the time and is so inclined. I started
Some were new to me, thanks.
Next, once you have found your used EV, how to get it home?
You could rent a flat bed and or vehicle to tow with and do the driving
yourself (a time sink but the job gets done correctly without damage to the
EV, etc.). Or use a car transporter service. One shipper that was mentioned
in an evdl post was
http://www.dasautoshippers.com/
  If others know of auto shippers than have worked well for them, please let
us know.
The guy that picked up the first imiev from the Plano dealer for me (and drove it for a week) bought a Leaf out of St Louis last year. Against my advice. He found a good deal on http://uship.com. I believe DAS does a lot of bidding on UShip. The advantage of going through UShip is that you might find an independent guy who wants to avoid a deadhead trip segment and bids aggressively. That's what happened on the StLouis to Dallas Leaf shipment; the Leaf buyer saved a couple of hundred dollars.