Subject: I need your support
Date: Tuesday, April 12, 2016, 3:31 PM

Dear friends,

On Wednesday April 20, 2016 at 1pm, the New Orleans City Council's Public
Works committee has scheduled a public meeting in the City Council chambers
- to discuss a proposed ordinance to specifically permit the installation of
privately owned, residential curbside electric vehicle chargers (EVSE) on
the public right of way between the private property and the curb, something
that is not currently allowed and that prevents any electric vehicle owner
that resides on a property lacking a driveway or garage from charging at
home. This is a hardship that would prevent mass adoption of electric
vehicles and that cities, red and blue, around the country, have already
taken steps to correct. It is also an equal protection issue since private
use (lease) of public property is allowed for a large number of
corporations- from utilities, communication services providers, restaurants,
publication booths, etc.

It would be of great help to our cause, to making our city cleaner and more
sustainable - and to me personally - if you could dedicate a couple hours of
your time in order to show your support - preferably in person - or at least
by writing to your city [New Orleans-LA city council member] (and CC to the
[New Orleans-LA] Public Works committee). Of great help would also be a
letter from your organization in support of this action, as well as
informing the public about it.

 Thank you.
  Radu Vlad Ghelase
 cell# +1 504 931 8139  vlad @ghelase.com
-

http://www.nolacitycouncil.com/meet/meet.asp
New Orleans-LA city council members
http://www.nolacitycouncil.com/committees/committee_public.asp
New Orleans-LA Public Works committee

[dated]
http://electric-vehicle-discussion-list.413529.n4.nabble.com/New-Orleans-LA-NOLA-red-tape-blocks-home-EVSE-use-tp4679253.html
New_Orleans-LA (NOLA) red tape blocks home-EVSE use
Dec 20, 2015
http://electric-vehicle-discussion-list.413529.n4.nabble.com/Archaic-red-tape-threatens-New-Orleans-LA-home-EVSE-v-tp4679054p4679062.html
Archaic red tape threatens New_Orleans-LA home-EVSE (v)
Dec 05, 2015

For EVLN EV-newswire posts use:
http://evdl.org/evln/

{brucedp.150m.com}