On 05/19/2016 01:43 PM, Christopher Darilek via EV wrote:
Ahhh, I should have added that my charger is a big honkin' off-board
transformer.  I don't want to put in in the car in order to save weight.  But
it does look like a J1772 port has 5 conductors.  This might fit the bill.

Don't do that. Some ijit will plug a real J1772 into it at some point in the future. (If you are lucky, the EVSE handshake will protect both sides from bad things happening....although I don't know what happens if you push 12v to the pilot or ground wires....)

Jay