> Date: Mon, 30 May 2016 01:11:12 -0700
> To: ev@lists.evdl.org
> Subject: Re: [EVDL] Old packs as powerwalls @L3 EVSE sites to help smoothout
> the grid, +more
> From: ev@lists.evdl.org
>
> I don't think battery's self-discharge is any significant factor, if
> that is what you are talking about. Typical self-discharge of Li packs
> is less than 0.1% per day so for a storage that should be able to bridge
> a couple days as in grid storage, this issue is irrelevant.
> Otherwise, people would not be doing just this...
>
> Cor van de Water

I just tried some Lipo cells that have been on the shelf for..about 16 years,,
 without any charging

They had almost full voltage..  !! Wow, thats interesting
Some day I will do a voltage capacity plot of them, I have 3pcs

Sony Energytech from Ericsson Phones,
size code VP383562A A1

year/Date code:(??)
WHK16B

I also had some russian NiMh AAcells from 1992, they
also had ok voltage still, after about 10 years now without a charge..

The Powercells from Honda Civic hybrid (NiMh, D-size)
seems to have a *very* high self discharge, some months before they are low on
energy.
but they seems to always recover great with some overcharging.

And I also have some chinese HY-power(?) White 100Ah LiFePo4 pack
(20 Ah bags inside) that have not seen charge since 2008,
 They was also not dead now 2016, in fact it had a lot of Ah left,

 (and they had been shorted/overcharged
 back in 2009, badly. And only 5 of 16 cells was not big balloon-ed back then,,

1 was slightly swollen

 I have seen a slight increase of the balooning over
 the years now on the bad cells.  But the 4 non-balooned cells have stayed flat
and fine over the years.

/ John