Thanks guys!  I have a bag of in rush current limiters from many years ago
that I never used and I like the halogen bulb idea.  I have 400ah cells
(4.8kwh) in our RV with 1kw solar and another 10kwh in our truck that I
want to connect for more capacity.  Trying to avoid sparks and melting and
all that stuff.  Since both are capable of very high current I am not sure
what to expect when connecting at opposite SOC.