Hi John and All,
            If one puts solar DC  to the dc plug and the signal to turn on,
will it while moving,
 charge?
           Why I ask is about putting solar on a trailer,  extra battery packs
or clean fueled range extenders to give EVs long range.
         I have a good source for pv panels very cheap at times, sunelec,
that solar carports,  an interesting old name now with a new meaning, for EV
charging at work, etc. If the getting the charge into the pack can be solved
cheaply by going dc to dc.
         Won't the solar, wind, etc ec voltqge have to be somewhat higher than
the pack top voltage other than at the very end?
         What are the actual pack top voltage, 95% charged of various EVs if
anyone knows.
         1 kw gives about 20 miles/day average US is only 4 panels and could be
carried even on a trailer hitch mount folded up or lightweight aero trailer
with much more.
                  Thanks in advance,
                                  Jerry Dycus

    Sunelec and join John's blog for best deals that come and go. There are
some for $.28/wt last time I check. They are lams, laminations which are panels
without frames and connection boxes which for me building my own frames is
great, lighter.  $280/KW is hard to pass up for a couple hrs of work.