Usually the internal resistance is growing much faster than the loss of
capacity. So if you use the pack in very low power application you will be
able to use the pack for some time (several years). This is for LCO, LMO
and NMC. Maybe NCA too (cannot say for sure yet as I do not have usage data
from those yet).

Basically the combination of low voltage chemistry, cool temperature during
use and shallow cycles will provide long life for the cells. LFP has at
least 5 to 10 years more calendar life than those mentioned above. Then
again LTO-cells should have even slower rate of unhoped side reactions at
the chemistry level compared to LFP. But LTO has hard time to compete
against LFP net cost. Which is dirty cheap.

Stationary batteries are designed for the use. Meaning their cost to buffer
each kWh and provide power is much much less than the EV type cells.
Currently for large utility scale units the cost to buffer is around one
cent per kWh.

-Jukka