% Note: Peugeot iOn EVs are sold in Europe & are similar to iMiev EVs %

http://www.honestjohn.co.uk/askhj/answer/70476/electric-vehicle-battery-warranty
Electric vehicle battery warranty
20160930

[-Question] I recently bought a Peugot Ion electric vehicle, 3 years old but
with very low mileage. I am generally delighted with the car but
disappointed with the battery performance so did some checks to discover it
was only charging to about 80% of its advertised capacity, and seems to have
2 cells (of 88) performing much worse than the others. I think this would
indicate a defective battery which should be fixed under the 5 year battery
warranty. The problem is, all batteries suffer degradation in normal use,
and nowhere does the warranty say exactly what constitutes a defective
battery.

Is there any 'case law' regarding what an EV battery warranty should cover?
I have not spoken to Peugot yet - wanted to get my facts straight first.
Asked on 30 September 2016 by cdm9955

-Answered by Honest John [ http://www.honestjohn.co.uk/profiles/honest-john/
]
No specific case law that I know of. You are correct that these batteries
gradually lose their capacity to hold a full charge, but if the battery in
the car you bought came with a couple of failed cells then that is a fault
that was present in the vehicle before you bought it and the supplier of the
car is liable: www.honestjohn.co.uk/faq/consumer-rights/
[© honestjohn.co.uk]

For EVLN EV-newswire posts use:
http://evdl.org/evln/