I had a somewhat similar situation while trying to sell a Nissan Frontier
(ice) pickup. The buyer said that he was working off-shore in the gulf of
Mexico and could not get to a bank. The pickup was supposed to be for his
dad who lives in Minnesota. The buyer could pay by PayPal and the payment
would be placed in our PayPal account. Then we got an email that 'seemed'
to come from PayPal. It stated that the money plus the cost of shipping was
in my account and would be released to me just as soon as we sent a check
for the shipping cost ($940.00) to an address in Beijing, China. Plus, the
message said that We could not confirm this by calling PayPal because the
transaction was not yet in the information for the general PayPal employee.
We called PayPal and were told they they never do anything like that. Some
guy in China was hoping for a $940 present.

We are still trying to sell that pickup. We have, however, reserved a Tesla
Model 3, whenever it is available. I was not really interested in the
Chevrolet Bolt as I don't really trust GM, especially when they said that
the Bolt was only going to be available in California and Oregon.

I do like my 1951 Chevy pickup, even though it is not running. Still
thinking of converting it even though it is not very streamlined.

Bobby Keeland