Sent from AltaMail

 From: EVDL Administrator via EV <ev@lists.evdl.org> To: Electric Vehicle
Discussion List <ev@lists.evdl.org> Subject: Re: [EVDL] EVLN: EV-newswire posts
for 20161206 Date: 12/6/16, 7:06 AM

On 6 Dec 2016 at 3:24, brucedp5 via EV wrote:

> General Motors Co. stands to lose as much as $9,000 on every Chevrolet Bolt
> that leaves a showroom once the all-electric subcompact starts rolling out

I was under the impression that most entirely new cars (regardless of their
motive source) were money-losers in their first years.  That's supposedly
why automakers prefer to build "new" models by adapting established bases,
no?  It keeps the tooling costs lower.

But GM don't whine about new ICEVs losing money, only new EVs.  Gosh, I
wonder why that is.

David Roden - Akron, Ohio, USA
EVDL Administrator