From: EV [mailto:ev-boun...@lists.evdl.org] On Behalf Of Mark Hanson via
EV
Sent: Thursday, December 08, 2016 11:09 AM
To: Electric Vehicle Discussion List
Subject: [EVDL] Fwd: Cell monitoring on Chevy Spark EV

Sent from my iPhone

Begin forwarded message:

> From: Mark Hanson <mhan...@hughes.net>
> Date: December 8, 2016 at 2:06:46 PM EST
> To: "ev@lists.evdl.org" <ev@lists.evdl.org>
> Subject: Cell monitoring on Chevy Spark EV
>

> Hi Chris etc.
> you mentioned monitoring individual cell voltages with the Canion app
for Android on an iMiev   .  Will that also work on a Chevy Spark EV
2015?  I got EngineLink for my iPhone that sorta works since I
downloaded the Chevy Volt library but don't see individual cell voltage.
I was told not to plug the Obd2 reader I use on my Prius and Insight
into any electric car since each factory EV has its own proprietary can
bus firmware. Sorta miss my EV conversion that was easy to work on.  The
wheeler dealer has been no help on measuring individual cell voltages on
the Spark EV   I guess they just get a fault code and change the whole
pack instead of an individual cell. Doesn't seem very cost effective.  I
looked in my shop manual and it says all cells are individually
monitored but not sure how to get at this data. Guess I need to learn GM
Canbus.