I found it was worth it putting in a 240v EVSE mostly for the weekends. 120v was fine on weekdays. Drive to work and back, maybe a short errand, plug it in over night and repeat. But weekends I often make lots of medium trips and it wasn't charging enough in the in-between times. I never ran out but it got closer than I liked a few times. But I was able to install each EVSE for only about $600 so the convience far outweighed the economic impact for me (I have 3 EVSE's for 2 1/2 electric cars right now)

--Rick

On 12/26/2016 1:47 PM, Lee Hart via EV wrote:
From: Jay Summet via EV <ev@lists.evdl.org>
Speaking as somebody who has charged at 1.4 kW for over a year and a
half, L1 charging can meet almost all of your needs as long as you plug
in whenever you are parked.
That's been my experience as well. We've had a 2013 Leaf for 2 years now, and
almost always charge on 120vac. I think I can count the number of times I've
used 240vac charging on my fingers.

--
Excellence does not require perfection. -- Henry James