The "battery pack" is a steel box 13" wide, 21" tall and 37" deep.  It has what
look like twelve 5 3/4" X 6 1/4" X 21" "batteries" connected together with
heavy lead connectors. There's also a watering system connecting to each of the
"batteries". I have no clue if each of these "batteries" is really 21" tall
since they are in the steel box. All of these "batteries" are connected
positive to negative.

Any idea where I can get info on testing the individual cells? I was told that
an electrical engineer was considering buying the forklift to resell and he was
going to test the cells before he agreed to buy the forklift. For his intent,
he would obviously require a fully functioning battery pack. As you mentioned,
I don't have that requirement. My main challenge will be keeping the thing
charged between infrequent uses. Luckily the charger seems to be fully
automatic so I think I can just leave the thing plugged in constantly between
uses.

Regards,

Jack