Hello EVDL group!
I purchased a couple Sevcon 48V DC Battery Charger 622/42202 850W 17A chargers
last year on ebay at a great price, for about $50 US each.  They work
great, they aren't fan cooled but have large heat sinks that one can put a
fan on to keep them cool.   I can't seem to find any manuals on them
anymore- I remember finding something from Sevcon last year but that has
all but disappeared from their site.  Anyone happen to have a manual for
these?  I was also wondering if I could parallel the two of them on the
same pack - effectively get 34 amps of charge.  From what I read it could
work or they could quickly go up in smoke, really don't want the latter :-)
 My pack is 4 x 12v 170 lead amp/hr batteries so they can take a steep
charge.  My snowpig has been running great, so good that demand has
increased from helping others out with clearing their driveways that now
exceeds my pack capacity.  I even resorted to swapping the 600lb pack a
couple weeks ago so I could do more clearing, couldn't wait 8 hours to get
back out!

Cheers
Dan

http://www.evalbum.com/4544