See the following for details:

https://www.tesla.com/blog/battery-cell-production-begins-gigafactory

I agree that Tesla is the only auto manufacturer using the cylindrical cells,
but they are used by the millions in laptops, so the technology is well
established.

Using the cylindrical cells seems to be working for them.  They can support
power levels most other production EVs don't reach.  I haven't heard of any
reliability problems related to the cells or their interconnects.

Mike