A bike E which I think is a brand had recalls.  It also has the front crank in
a box frame.  Not the easiest to use common mid drive. Hub motor might be best.
 Bionx maybe but they are expensive.  I think Lee's idea might be best but it
will be unusual.  On standard bikes a mid drive is an easy addition with
coasting ability while the motor runs the bike....but it seems efficiency is
not a concern with most of these hub motors or mid drives.  I'm still
searching.It would be nice to have a bolt in solution and the hub motor seems
to be it. However it's nice to have a motor setup which doesn't penalize you
when the battery power or the motor quits.    Lawrence Rhodes