There is both a battery low voltage limit and a motor high voltage limit.
There is also a motor current limit and a battery current limit.

You need to set all four to the appropriate values.

You never said if you were reading battery current or motor current. Makes a bit of difference. Also, it would be useful to know the battery voltage under load.

Bill D.