David,

You are SO right on that. I melted a wrench trying to remove a battery from one of my 48 Volt Citicars. That caused a lot of smoke from the contactor section but fortunately I had a great mechanic who was able to put things back together. I also destroyed a Curtis controller by allowing a wrench to contact the frame and a battery, I think its called letting the smoke out.

Gail