Occasionally I watch MotorWeek on PBS just to see how well and often they
report on EVs.
That episode #3704H was not about EVs, but did have 1 pih. The car-guy shop
segment had a company showing how an easy to apply film could protect the
body (like window tinting, but clear to protect the vehicle). The vehicle
they demoed on was a Porsche ice. But this product would also be applicable
to plugins, if that company had pre-cut pieces for them.

If I had just taken ownership of a Bolt or Tesla-3 EV, I would consider
installing this film to help protect the EV from scratches, dings, and other
debris from stones thrown from the vehicle in front of you.

Interestingly, when I searched their web site, though not all EVs were
listed, they did offer quite a few. So, since the 2010 production EV's
beginnings, some companies that mainly provide services to ice, are now also
offering them to plugins:

http://www.xpel.com/paint-protection-kits/XPEL_US_and_Canada/Passenger_Cars_and_Light_Trucks/2017/Tesla/Model_S
Tesla-S  (& there is a Tesla-X page)

http://www.xpel.com/paint-protection-kits/XPEL_US_and_Canada/Passenger_Cars_and_Light_Trucks/2017/Chevrolet/Bolt_EV/LT
GM Bolt

http://www.xpel.com/paint-protection-kits/XPEL_US_and_Canada/Passenger_Cars_and_Light_Trucks/2017/Nissan/Leaf/SV
Nissan Leaf (different pages for each trim)

http://www.xpel.com/paint-protection-kits/XPEL_US_and_Canada/Passenger_Cars_and_Light_Trucks/2017/BMW/i3/Mega_World
BMW i3

http://www.xpel.com/paint-protection-kits/XPEL_US_and_Canada/Passenger_Cars_and_Light_Trucks/2017/Kia/Soul_(US)/EV
Kia Soul EV

http://www.xpel.com/paint-protection-kits/XPEL_US_and_Canada/Passenger_Cars_and_Light_Trucks/2017/Volkswagen/Golf/e-Golf
VW e-Golf

http://www.xpel.com/products/
products  (there are more plugin pages than what is above)

[video
https://youtu.be/YSK4nWLZLL8
XPEL ULTIMATE & STEALTH Paint Protection Film
]

http://www.xpel.com/locator/search/clearbra_installers/
installers

http://www.motorweek.org/