On 29 Nov 2017 at 18:14, ROBERT via EV wrote:

> A heat pump outputs a register temperature of approximately 90 F.  This
> low a temperature blowing across your skin is not comfortable to a lot
> a people.

I think this is less true of recent heat pumps.

I'd like to hear from someone who owns an EV with a heat pump -- how warm
does the air from the vents feel in the winter?

I think that many or most older heat pumps did have this annoyance.  It's
not an EV, but I knew someone who had a late-1990s GSHP (Waterfurnace brand)
at home.  The heating air from the vents always felt cool to me, meaning
that it was below body temperature. Ninety deg F would be quite believeable.

That's definitely not the case with my Mitsubishi mini-split from 2013.
Although I haven't measured its outlet temperature in heating mode, most of
the heating seasons it feels quite warm, almost hot.  So it has to be well
above body temperature.  As the outdoor temperature falls, its outlet
temperature declines too.  However, it stays noticeably above body
temperature down to an outdoor temperature of around -15 deg C.

Thus I see no reason that an EV heat pump would have to produce air that
feels cool under most conditions.  For the times that it did, I'd expect it
to have auxiliary resistive heat.

David Roden - Akron, Ohio, USA
EVDL Administrator