Hi Dan, Lee, David and All,              I took all the ideas and
made a sepex controller which was kind of jerky but that is likely because it
isn't loaded and should work once linkage is worked out.  I'll likely use it on
a moped cabin trike since I have the title, VIN, etc.              While
looking at the Sepex and my other series motor transaxle I wondered whether the
armature  was the same?   So I popped it apart and then it slide right in the
series field, transaxle!!!   ;^)              Of course would it run?  I hooked
it up and ran excellently.               So looking to put that in my next
EWoody, an aerocabin trike I just cut first wood today.  I hope to have it on
the road if not finished by 2-15-18 so I can get ride of my Van.
Sadly I was also able to check the gear reduction which is 12-1 which means
45mph is all one can get from it as hitting around 7k rpm.                Good
thing is the male spline shaft coming out the  transaxle seems to have a good
bearing  so may be able to put a sprocket on it to mount a more powerful motor
off the axle lowering unsprung weight along with correcting the reduction
gearing down to 8-1. .            I was stretching 2.2hp GC motors way past, 4x
 their limits  though they took it in stride with few failures from 15-40 yr
old motors when I got them.            And I need an EV that can go 250 miles
to Miami, etc to pickup solar panels so I need more power than one can expect
from a stock GC motor.  I have my old EWoody from a CitCar motor, 50 yrs old
now chain driving a GC transaxle seems to be the present choice.           I
can put it in my new one but likely sell that instead and build another one as
they get easier as I build more.  Now I can put much more powerful motors in
them really opens up new apps, long distance lithium battery EVs.
Thanks,                Jerry Dycus