Simply not the case.

You are right that there is an issue with the ability to recycle other
batteries. We do need to find a way to deal with lithium-ion battery waste. But
I'm not aware of any health impacts associated with these batteries. What
impacts were you referring to?

But lead acid battery processing remain a problem. Even the most effective
emission controls can result in high risk levels throughout the local
community. And most battery processing facilities don't have these controls.

Sent from my iPhone