https://www.motor1.com/news/233552/ssangyong-e-siv-concept-teaser/
SsangYong e-SIV Concept Promises 280 Miles Of Electric Range
Teasers
Feb 20, 2018  Adrian Padeanu

[image
https://icdn-3.motor1.com/images/mgl/gRBog/s4/ssangyong-e-siv-concept-teaser.jpg
]

The fully electric compact crossover will premiere March 6 in Geneva.

The 88th Geneva Motor Show is fast-approaching and you can now rest assured
that SsangYong will be there to unveil a new zero-emissions concept car.
Like many showcars before it exhibited by the South Korean brand, the new
e-SIV takes the shape of a crossover, but this time around it previews a
future compact model, presumably a fully electric Korando that will go by
another name.

As with most teaser design sketches that we’ve seen in recent years, these
certainly look promising, but we’ll reserve our final judgment until the
concept’s debut in the metal on March 6. If you’re wondering about that
name, e-SIV stands for “Electronic Smart Interface Vehicle” to highlight the
crossover is packed with technology, including an advanced autonomous
driving system.

In terms of size, SsangYong says its latest concept is 4460 millimeters
(105.3 inches) long, 1870 mm (73.6 in) wide, and 1630 mm (64.1 in) tall,
with a wheelbase stretching at 2675 mm (105.3 in). It’s billed as being a
“strategic model for the brand” and a preview of what’s to come in terms of
electrification.

At the heart SsangYong’s new concept is an electric motor developing 188
horsepower (140 kilowatts) to enable a modest top speed of 93 mph (150 kph).
Recharging the unspecified battery pack to an 80-percent level will take 50
minutes, while a full recharge will grant a maximum range of about 280 miles
(450 kilometers).

Aside from brining the e-SIV concept to the 2018 Geneva Motor Show, the
Mahindra & Mahindra subsidiary also has plans to host the European debut of
its new Musso pickup truck. Not that we’re counting, but the e-SIV will be
Ssangyong’s fifth entirely electric concept car to be displayed at the Swiss
show, after the 2010 KEV1, 2011 KEV2, 2012 e-XIV, and the 2015 Tivoli EV-R.

Keep the conversation going in our InsideEVs Forum covering electric cars
and green technology. Start a new thread about this article and make your
point.
[© motor1.com]
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/SsangYong_Motor
SsangYong Motor Company (Double Dragons Motor Vehicles) is the fourth
largest South Korean-based automobile manufacturer. smotor.com is a
subsidiary of Indian multinational Mahindra & Mahindra.in ...
https://www.topspeed.com/cars/ssangyong/2018-ssangyong-e-siv-concept-ar179978.html

SsangYong Aiming To Roll Out Three Electric Vehicles By 2020
www.hybridcars.com/ssangyong-aiming-to-roll-out-three-electric-vehicles-by-2020/
Feb 1, 2017 - Korean automaker SsangYong Motor says it may be rolling out
three battery electric vehicles by 2020 at the latest, according to UK boss
Paul Williams. The carmaker is in the testing phase of its first EV, an
electric version of its Tivoli crossover SUV, Williams told Autocar.
“SsangYong has a strategy for ...

http://www.carbodydesign.com/2018/02/ssangyong-teases-e-siv-electric-suv-concept/
SsangYong teases e-SIV electric SUV Concept
21 Feb 2018  At the 2018 Geneva Motor Show SsangYong will present e-SIV a
concept SUV that gies indication on the company’s approach for future
electric and autonomous …

For EVLN EV-newswire posts use:
 http://evdl.org/archive/

{brucedp.neocities.org}