I have my F-250 back on the road after some (long drawn out, time wasted)
repairs to a motor terminal, and rebuilding the transmission.
(and exploding a contactor...)
I'm getting some really WEIRD results with my DC-DC. (ok, power supply)
It's capable of 50A output, and is set for about 14v output.

When I start the truck, it zooms up to around 50A for a few seconds (probably
trying to top off the weak 12V battery), then gradually drops down to 25A or so
for the trucks basic needs.  All this time the voltage sits at around 13.9V.

Then I start driving, as I have the Zilla start pulling significant power - the
DC-DC output voltage drops, sometimes as low as 11v.  The REALLY REALLY weird
bit is that it's still only supplying 25-30A.
If I take my foot off the pedal, the voltage shoots back up to 13.9v.

Right now, I'm assuming the (nearly dead) 12V battery is the main issue - but
shouldn't the DC-DC start pumping out more current when something is drawing
down the battery like that?

Also, since the Zilla doesn't actually use more 12V power, it makes no sense.
The voltage drop does seem to be kind-of in proportion to how hard i'm pressing
on the accelerator pedal.

(I should also note that my Tach Sensor seems to be not working correctly, as
it's readding way low - and not fully consistent.  So probably having noise
problems on the signal or power lines.  Gonna try replacing the capacitors on
those.)

--
Worlds only All Electric F-250 truck!
http://john.casadelgato.com/Electric-Vehicles/1995-Ford-F-250