https://fossbytes.com/kitty-hawk-opens-up-test-flights-for-flyer/
Google Co-founder’s Flying Car Startup Opens Up Test Flights For “Flyer”
June 10, 2018  Manisha Priyadarshini

[image
https://fossbytes.com/wp-content/uploads/2018/06/Flyer-640x360.jpg
Kitty Hawk Flyer

video
https://youtu.be/UzZJ-HxvLLIFlyer by Kitty Hawk
]

Forget about self-driving cars, what if we told you that you could just fly
to work every morning! Surreal, right? Well, this futuristic idea might soon
become a reality in some time.

Kitty Hawk, a flying car startup backed by Google’s Co-founder, Larry Page,
has unveiled a new, sleek flying vehicle called “Flyer” that is safe enough
to be handed over for flight tests with the public.

The best part about Flyer is that anyone can fly it without prior experience
in flying and it doesn’t require a license for the same.

The Flyer is a single-seat vehicle that weighs 250 pounds and has a
stripped-down cockpit with simple controls. It looks like a hybrid between a
pontoon plane and drone, which can be operated by two joysticks and sports
ten battery-powered propellers.

The aircraft runs on electricity with a maximum speed of 20 mph and hovers
10 feet above the water. At present, it can deliver about 20 minutes of
flight before its batteries run out of juice.

The Flyer could eventually turn into commercialized personal flight in the
future, but it will need requisite approvals first.

The final price and date of sale haven’t been revealed yet, but Kitty Hawk
company has opened up its test flight program to selective circles, and the
Flyer is up for pre-order reservations.

Meanwhile, the company is testing its other pilotless flying taxi, called
Cora, in New Zealand. The self-flying electric taxi is larger in size and
does not have strict weight requirements like the Flyer.
[© fossbytes.com]

https://cleantechnica.com/2018/06/12/google-founder-larry-pages-kitty-hawk-flying-car-project-resurfaces/
Google Founder Larry Page's Kitty Hawk Flying Car Project Resurfaces
June 12th, 2018  Many of our colleagues feel exactly the same about a trend
we've noticed developing in the past 5 years ago. Electric vehicle (EV)
startups that once courted our ..
https://c1cleantechnicacom-wpengine.netdna-ssl.com/files/2018/06/kittyhawkplane-1-570x293.jpg

+
http://news.psu.edu/story/525360/2018/06/14/research/penn-states-blue-sparrow-team-named-phase-i-winner-gofly-prize
Penn State's Blue Sparrow team named Phase I winner of GoFly Prize
Jun 14, 2018  UNIVERSITY PARK, Pa. — A team of Penn State aerospace
engineering faculty and students is one step closer to making
electric-powered human flight a ...
http://news.psu.edu/sites/default/files/styles/threshold-992/public/blue-sparrow-gofly-impact-hero.jpg?itok=FbWBrww1

For EVLN EV-newswire posts use:
 http://evdl.org/archive/