From: "Mark Hanson via EV" <ev@lists.evdl.org>
To: leeah...@earthlink.net
Cc: "Mark Hanson" <markehans...@gmail.com>; ev@lists.evdl.org
Sent: 28-Jul-18 8:23:13 AM
Subject: [EVDL] Ot "heat pump" h20 heaters

Hi Lee etc
I have a GE GeoSpring "heat pump" hot water heater that uses 600w instead of 4500w resulting in about 1/4 the monthly kWh usage for the same btu h20 heating and dehumidifies the basement. It's used in any climate as long as your underground basement is 12x12 or larger. GE etc just takes their refrigerator compressors and puts them in backwards so it's really not a heat pump, just marketing speak for consumers. You have to hook up the pee line like on your a AC unit outside or use a condensate pump. Typically a 3 year payback. AO Smith and Siebel etc make also.
Have a renewable energy day
Mark

Sent from my iPhone