Lawrence,

a couple of points:
 other than letting you feel good venting on the evdl to fellow EV'rs (and
providing some interesting detail on your EV route/experiences), we can't do
much about correcting the too far away gaps between public L3 EVSE. I have
vented in the past but always let the powers that be also know.

I suggest (if you haven't already) shoot these lack of infrastructure
concerns to those that can act on them. VW is still touting how great are
their efforts to install EVSE
https://www.electrifyamerica.com/our-plan
Over a ten year period ending in 2027, Electrify America will invest $2
billion in Zero ... charging network -- to drive EV adoption by reducing
charging anxiety ...
https://www.google.com/search?q=volkswagen+charging

VW wouldn't be making such an effort if it were for the efforts of many
(including sierra club) to sue/hold vw responsible for their dieselgate
https://www.sierraclub.org/press-releases/2017/11/all-50-states-apply-for-vw-settlement-funds-ahead-schedule

So, I would let both sierra club and their buddies at plug in america know
of the charging discrepancies.

2nd point: I think you and I are using plugshare differently, giving
different results.
You mentioned Mt. Shasta, but sometimes Lake Shasta is transposed in the
word use. If I understand correctly, you are EV touring/trekking north on
I-5 from Sacramento aiming for just south of Medford, OR.

I came up with L3 CHAdeMO points to get you there and back (map)
https://goo.gl/maps/wLYRweUf9Es

https://www.plugshare.com/location/81743
2256 Solano St, Corning, CA 96021

https://www.plugshare.com/location/73333
833 E Cypress Ave, Redding, CA 96002

https://www.plugshare.com/location/81745
4314 Pioneer Way, Dunsmuir, CA 96025

https://www.plugshare.com/location/75901
1868 Fort Jones Rd, Yreka, CA 96097

https://www.plugshare.com/location/6542
2371 Ashland St, Ashland, OR 97520

The way I did this was to open plugshare.com , set the filters to only look
for j1772, L3-CHAdeMO, & L3-ccs.
The move the plugshare map to show what L3 were along I-5 to reach your
destination.

For EVLN EV-newswire posts use:
 http://evdl.org/archive/

{brucedp.neocities.org}