[ref
http://electric-vehicle-discussion-list.413529.n4.nabble.com/Mom-yanks-kids-from-e-toy-suv-w-smoking-pack-before-it-flames-tp4690906.html
]

http://www.wect.com/story/38903861/mother-whisks-kids-out-of-toy-vehicle-just-before-it-bursts-into-flames
Mother whisks kids out of toy vehicle just before it bursts into flames
August 16th 2018

[image
https://raycomgroup.images.worldnow.com/images/17433010_G.jpg
Michelle Kline's kids were OK despite the scare. (Source: WBZ/CNN)

video  flash
]

BOSTON (WBZ/CNN) - A Massachusetts mother saved her children's lives after
rushing to pull them out of a toy car moments before it went up in flames.

The fire consumed a child's toy electric vehicle. Just moments before
Michelle Kline’s two kids were in it.

"I think that was the really scary thing because they were buckled in and
they are both little so neither of them could have gotten themselves out,”
Kline said.

Fortunately, Kline was feet away as her kids started driving up the small
hill in her neighbor's yard.

"It was just kind of that hot electrical smell and I saw some smoke coming
out of the little hood,” she said.

She rushed over and got her 16-month-old and 3-year-old out of the vehicle.

She said within two minutes the toy was charred.

The Klines recently bought the $500 “Sportrax Awesome XL Model” as a
birthday present.

Kline said the manufacturer wouldn't talk with them, but did talk with the
fire inspector.

"They did say to the fire inspector that they did put in a lot of failsafes
into the car to sort of protect people from this happening, which is again,
part of the reason why we did purchase this car,” she said.

North Andover Fire Chief Bill McCarthy said it appears the fire started
where the batteries are located. But it's hard to tell because there's not
much left.

Concerned about this happening to other children, the department notified
the Consumer Product Safety Commission, the fire marshal, the distributor
and the manufacturer.

"Just to see if this is an isolated incident with this one particular
vehicle or is it a potential issue that it's happened somewhere else,”
McCarthy said.

The Kline kids, meanwhile, are OK.

"Last night when he was going to bed, he said good night to his jeep on the
front lawn,” Michelle Kline said.

They are now relegated to playing with the old school pedal bike.
[© 2018 WBZ via CNN  wect.com]

For EVLN EV-newswire posts use:
 http://evdl.org/archive/

{brucedp.neocities.org}